I am the Knowledge Manager at HOMS Assist and I joined the firm in 2008.
With over fifteen years of experience in the legal sector, I am passionate about supporting our professional staff and ensuring that they receive the highest quality of training in the latest legal developments to ensure that our clients receive a leading best in market service. I promote the use of legal resources and information in-house, disseminating the most up to date legal information. This makes sure that our team have the latest leading legal updates to provide expert advice and obtain the best outcome for each of our clients.
I also specialise in “lean” which is organisational process improvement and continuous improvement which ensures cost and time efficiencies in our services to our clients.
Always striving for legal excellence and solid genuine client care skills in all of our staff, I always enjoy seeing training and updates pay off through our team securing the best client results and achieving successful leading caselaw and court judgments.
In my spare time, I love to jog and I am also known for my scouse sense of humour.
- Alice has published articles in Legal Information Management on legal research and expert guidance in other online blogs and websites on learning and development.
- Regularly provides in-house training to our solicitors and professional staff.
- Lectures in broadcast and copyright law in Limerick Institute of Technology.
- Alice is a Level 9 qualified Lean Black Belt, specialising in organisations' process improvement and continuous improvement.
- Member of the British and Irish Association of Law Librarians.
- Member of the Mid-West Lean Network.
Working across multiple teams in a challenging role Alice has a strict and consistent commitment to delivering standards which achieve uniformity to satisfy client requirements.
She is a definite “go to” person when it comes to getting advice. She actively seeks to put new and innovate ideas into action.
Alice Steen is uncompromising when it comes to demanding excellence from everyone in HOMS Assist.
Education, Awards & Accolades
- University of Liverpool, LLB
- College of Law Chester, Diploma in Legal Practice
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma Family Law
- Limerick Institute of Technology, Certificate in Technology Enhanced Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Limerick Institute of Technology, Certificate in Practice and Reflection in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- University of Limerick, Specialist Diploma in Quality Management Lean Systems
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ireland